Tuesday, September 8, 2009

new everything

I spent much of my labor day weekend shopping. There was a great sale on Swarovski crystals, something I want to start using more in my jewelry. Opaque semi-precious stones are nice. But I want more color and my concept of color filters light.

So now I have a hoard of sparkly multicolored crystals and a good stock of wire and wire working tools. I worked on and off all weekend. Just practicing really. I've got along way to go before I can do the kind of wire working I'd like.

I opened the new etsy account. Reactions to the new business name have been good so far. Which was not my idea, but my boyfriend's. I asked him if he could think of something in another language. He thought I meant Hebrew but I said, anything, even Croatian (his parents were Croatian). He said something with bijou. When I asked for another word he said bijoulerie (and pronounce it like it's French). I did and I like it.

So new name, new account, new crystals, new stuff to learn. I'm mostly feeling good about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment